Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A God Conversation

I am here.  I know that I haven't been lately, and I hate that I feel as though I've let you down.  
"Then sings my soul..."
I realize that I've neglected our relationship because it hasn't fit into my schedule.  I have your book laying next to my bed, loaded on my computer, and available on my phone.  Yet I still don't read it.
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path..."
You know my heart and where it's at today.  You know my struggles, my anxieties, and my bitterness.  I wonder sometimes, foolishly I know, why You would leave me to struggle through these things seemingly alone.  I fail so often, I'm not quite sure why you would think that I'm capable.
  "I will fear no evil, for thou art with me..."
I sigh because I hate that we aren't as close as we used to be.  That's not your fault, it's mine.  I don't talk to you unless I need you...I don't listen unless I'm waiting to hear...and I feel empty because I don't let you love me like I know that you do.  It's like I want to live in misery.
"Be still and know that I AM GOD..."
I need you.  These aren't just empty words.  They come from somewhere deeper.  It's a longing that I can't really explain.  I need clarity and energy.
"Cast all your cares on Me, for I care for you..."
Thank you for all that you have given me. I deserve so much less.  I know, somewhere maybe a little deeper than it should be, that you have this whole thing called "my life" worked out.  You have a plan.  And you would never give me more than I can handle.  I know that you already are, but be patient with me while I'm on this journey.
"I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you a hope and a future..."

I love you.


1 comment:

  1. I love this. So honest... it's beautiful. My favorite part is this: "I feel empty because I don't let you love me like I know that you do. It's like I want to live in misery." That spoke to my heart on such a deep level...
    This morning I was reading "The Furious Longing of God" by Brennan Manning... He was talking about the term "union" He described it as "The daring metaphor of Jesus as the bridegroom suggests that the living God seeks more than an intimate relationship us... The reckless, raging fury of Yahweh culminates in a symbiotic fusion, a union so substantive that the apostle Paul would write: 'It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.' " it was really eye opening! I just wanted to share that with you...

    Also, when you stood in my room and talked with me, the same scripture you referenced at the end of your entry was written on my window... It's still written there, actually! :)

    Thanks for sharing your heart Kate
    -Christina Metcalf

    ReplyDelete