Saturday, March 27, 2010

The BIG Picture

I find myself right now sitting in the back lounge of our rented tour bus surfing the internet and watching a "Deadliest Catch" marathon on Discovery.  I have my own space, my own bunk, my own pillow, and access to just about anything that I need.  It's by far the best way to travel.  Seriously.  

For those of you who don't know, my husband and I travel full time, mainly in the States, but all over the world.  My husband is an illusionist.  We will spend the next 9 months, collectively, on the road.  It's a crazy life that I wouldn't trade for anything.  But, being in a tour bus makes it incredibly fun and less draining.  The life of us gypsy road warriors is far from glam.  It's rough, it's exhausting, and it's incredibly rewarding.  We have the opportunity to interact with thousands of people all over the world. Like I said, it's amazing.  

But as I sit here alone in the back of the bus, I feel an overwhelming sense of peace.  I feel like I'm right where God intends me to be despite how difficult it might be at times.  In my humanness, I am likely to whine and get irritated with small things, but the big pictures is just that: BIG.  A friend of mine made a statement regarding what he does (he's a singer) and states that we whine and complain about all the nitty-gritty things that aren't right on the road, but at the end of the day we get paid to do what we love.  To do exactly what God designed for our lives.  I thought about it.  And I found myself one of those people.  I tend to go out with good intentions, but in the end make the trip all about what I wanted or how it wasn't great...could have been better "if".  And I get to travel the world, with my husband and friends, doing what I love.  It doesn't get any better than this.  It will never be glamorous, it will never make me rich and famous.  But hopefully the big picture is something that will continue to remain just that.  BIG.  And I pray that God continues to let me be a part of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment